How did you find out about Chase's Blog?

Monday, October 30, 2006

Nothing much to report tonight. He's home and, while not exactly feeling normal, he's hanging in there. If chemo's so tough on the digestive system, why's he craving Mexican food? Maybe he's looking forward to a trip to Texas, but I'd rather he be craving some fish, caught fresh off the coast of Florida, if you know what I mean.

Sadly, unless Mom offers up a more persuasive argument than I've managed, it seems we'll be missing out on the Disney magic this January. No Kennedy Space Center, no beach, just a lot of gas (not from Mexican food) driving to Houston. What fun!

I guess I've flogged that dead horse about enough now....

Bald head, complete with surgery scars, USPS jersey and bike shorts, surgical mask, IV pole & bag - what's this? Chase is going as Lance Armstrong to tomorrow's big Halloween shindig on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill. Dry Press release here; scary news item here. His doctor said it was okay to go and I hope he'll have fun.

Actually I hope it gets cold and rainy and he doesn't want to go.

Stay safe! And bring back pictures!

No comments: