How did you find out about Chase's Blog?

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Woo-hooooooo!

Half way through Chase's chemo, and the tumor's down by 75%! And they couldn't find any nasty bits left on his spine! And his blood work is great! WOW!

Backing up a bit...he was scheduled for a head only MRI the morning of 12/7 when he was originally scheduled to be readmitted for his next round of chemo (#3 of 4). Since he had that small infection he went in on 12/5 and they found a slot this morning for the full 2 hour scan. So YEAH!

Chase asked Dr. Gold if that meant he still had to do radiation in January, and he said "Unfortunately, yes". Well, that first word actually was only four letters long, but this is a family blog...

I know, I know, it's heading into exam time, but if you need a break, come on up and visit Chase. He's still on the 5th floor of the Children's hospital. The pool table, air hockey, and basketball thingamajig are still there. Besides, I'm bringing cookies!

-----------

For those of you who were confused by my last blog entry (like apparently my entire family less Chase), just think of what you hear when no one's talking:

:: crickets ::

Aww, if you have to explain...

Anyway - Woo-Hooooooooo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Those are the first words that come to my mind; besides "Praise the Lord!" I am rejoicing this morning with all of you who have been praying for Chase through this ordeal. It is not over yet, but halfway through and having news like this is so encouraging. He was so down the night that we entered the hospital wondering why this was all happening to him, "why does he have to go through all of this?" he kept asking me. I could only hold his hand and tell him that I was there for him. It is almost as hard being the mother.
To all of you who have phoned with thoughts and plans of help in our next venture, Houston, thanks. I appreciate them. We are working on being able to go there early to complete the simulation and meet the doctors prior to the January 15th start date of radiation. There are some of you who are working on making that happen and I thank you for your diligent prayers and help in this matter. Chase and I are very grateful.
Praise God for His answered prayers in such an AWESOME way!
Judith

Anonymous said...

I agree with Judith-- Praise God
Aleta

Anonymous said...

And I agree, too! What a mighty God we serve! I am so thankful for this wonderful news. I can hardly contain myself! We love you, Chase, and of course Judith, Buddy and Jacob. You are very special to us and we will always hold you dear to our hearts. Ben is going to be so happy to hear this wonderful news! Chase -- you're awesome!

Kristen said...

What wonderful news. I am so glad to have checked tonight, I'll go to bed happy! Good for you. We have prayed for you everyday and waited for this. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Wonderful. Love, Kristen Bercaw(Hope's mom)