How did you find out about Chase's Blog?

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Blog from the play center!

Oops, I mean the "Teen Center". Currently, Griffin is beating him soundly at Stratego. Not nice taking advantage of a kid on chemo... Then again, Chase has had his moments too. This morning when his nurse was flushing his port, just about to start the chemo, he startled and "fainted". We laughed, but I made Judith smack him. The nurse bided her time then "oops" squirted some chemo drugs (only saline) on him.

So the pediatric floor is cool ("and the nurses are all so young", Chase pipes up). Wendy's still has the best food here. Chemo's over for the day and Chase is still fine, waiting for his hair to fall out so he can join the merrymakers on Franklin street for Halloween.

Judith's playing with Mr. Potato Head. I think she's been here too long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chase, I received a postcard in the mail today, addressed to "Chase"...so I thought I'd share it with you here:

Dear Chase,

We are lifting you up in our prayers. May God's wisdom guide you, may His power protect you, His bounty supply you and the clear consciousness of His love abide with you each hour of every day.

"I will lift up my eyes the hills, from where my help comes from, my help come from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."

In His Love,
Second Baptist Church Prayer Ministry, Houston, TX
c/o Eva Wilson