How did you find out about Chase's Blog?

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Same stuff, different day


They had a bit of a hold up on Chase's daily pre-chemo kidney test (okay, the "pee test"), so he entertained us a bit by playing his guitar.

I tried to take some video to put up on YouTube for y'all, but he didn't cooperate. If you ever need a time waster, that's the place to go...maybe we can add something later when Chase feels more willing. As if.

About noon, he finally passed the test and got chemo started. Since he hadn't slept well the night before, they gave him a little something extra and he got a nice nap in. Unfortunately, it seems he's gotten his first side effect, loss of appetite. I wish I could trade with him, he needs to eat way more than I do.

While he took his nap, Judith and I went to A Southern Season for a bit of shopping and a yummy lunch. We both agree that their chicken salad is very good, and their chocolate department is droolworthy. Christmas will be here soon - just sayin'.

I promised Mom I wouldn't blog about her unrepentant lunch time phone call from Vegas, so I'll just let her fill you in on her favorite slot machine "Cops and Doughnuts" later. She was excused to fly out there since the trip was planned quite a while ago. Her friends were coming all the way from Australia to meet her - can't miss that!

On our way back from lunch I was boring Judith with a discussion of sugar and how it's hygroscopic and that's why I thought the crispy Boston Baked Beans were actually quite fresh and not stale like she thought, and she said "you always cease to amaze me". I just had to laugh. She'e either very cleverly insulting me, or...she's Judith.

Came back to find Chase watching TV so we kicked him out of bed (the old "you've got two feet, use 'em!") to go take a walk. Maybe that will help his appetite!

Pictionary in the Teen Center with Karena.

Some friends dropped by - with a DVD player and some DVDs! Hey, next time bring something other than baseball videos, okay? What about me?
Why's that guy have a rubber glove on? He scares me.

No comments: