How did you find out about Chase's Blog?

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Grandma made me do it!

I turned on the visible sitemeter. It's been on, but not visible, since last Sunday sometime. Not many people comment (I think blog comments are awfully public anyway), so this was a way for me to see if the blog was actually useful. Over 2000 visits in less than a week - I'd say someone wants to see what's up with Chase!

I accidentally set it to show numbers briefly yesterday, and Mom (Chase's grandma) now insists that it stay on. What Mom wants, Mom gets. I think Judith inherited that gene...

It is rather interesting to see where the hits are coming from. I didn't spring for the upgraded sitemeter, so my stats are limited, but I could see that at first a great majority of the hits came from facebook, and from a wide variety of college campuses, mostly in NC. :: waves to all Chase's scattered high school friends :: Now most hits are not being referred, which means email or bookmarks, I think. Geographically, again, most hits are local to NC, with a smattering from NY, CA, and FL :: waves to Mom's family and friends :: Someone from New South Wales, Australia has visited a couple of times :: waves to our unknown Aussie ::

There are no ads to get credit for, so no hitting the blog to get the numbers up, Mom. This is another one of those hats I wear that doesn't come with a paycheck. Dibs on the Hershey bars though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news regarding the treatability of the gerinoma. Our thanks to Beth for the BLOG. It was helpful to log onto to the BLOG and find out the latest regarding Chase, his treatment and prognosis. Continued best wishes to the incredible HANN clan. The positive outlook and spirit of Betsy alone is enough to get Chase through the upcoming ordeal(s). Love from the McLoughlins (Delaney) in NY including one in Cambridge, Massachusetts

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "fixing the numbers"????? I just want to be the first to read the latest and WOW!! whoever creates Chase's blog does such a great job -- not that I'm biased or anything! Perhaps I should log on again to see if there is something new being reported. It's been a couple of hours. Okay, okay -- I'll wait until after the doctor's meet with them this afternoon.