How did you find out about Chase's Blog?

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Not too much dust on the blog - it hasn't even been a week!

Now on to the next phase - Proton radiation at MD Anderson in Houston. We hope. Maybe I'm the only one still holding my breath about the final okay from the insurance company. Judith's forging ahead, and Chase is...well, I'm not sure he's too concerned either. Mostly he's making the most of his time left in NC before flying down to Houston on Sunday. He's probably also trying to avoid thinking about his next MRI, scheduled for Friday at 8PM. Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Chase's radiation doc sent some pathology slides. Every time I look at stuff like this I think I'll be able to make some sense out of 'em.


Nope, not this time either. Good luck y'all.

I'm trying to figure out if I should also fly to Houston and be Judith's "brains" for Chase's first appointment down there. I'm sure they'll do fine (she's gotten much better at parsing doctorspeak - really!), but I can help her retain stuff and I'm pretty good at google. If I don't go, who would do the blog? But if I leave, my husband will just work even later hours than usual, and then who would the cats whine to for food?

There are no frequent flyer seats back until the following Sunday. Can Judith and I spend a week together without turning into sparring siblings? Will Houston have enough chocolate?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, things are looking good! We have the okay from insurance, at least as good of an okay as they will give me. :-) Thanks to Debbie, my contact in Houston, we are being flown down on Sunday and we are ready to go. Chase and I ready to get this next phase going and then be done with this "stuff"!
This week, while in Chapel Hill getting his last chemo shot, Chase looked into taking online classes. He has chosen to take two, a political science class and a Country Music class to fulfill his Arts requirement. What a great idea since we are going to be in Houston. Plus, a requirement for the Country Music class is to go to a concert, I can't think of a better time and place and I love country music. :-)))
So, things are looking up and we have had plenty of answered prayers and many people helping. Again, thanks to those of you that have helped in any way. We are halfway through this trek of ours. God has worked with us this far, I know He will keep working with us in Houston too.
Until Houston,
Judith

chasenews said...

Country music class?

I guess meeting Kellie Pickler really made an impression on him!