How did you find out about Chase's Blog?

Monday, December 11, 2006

Not the best of days...

I don't know that I should say Chase had a bad day, but he was definitely feeling a bit, um, green most of the time. Yeah, I know, Cisplatin ain't supposed to be easy, and at least the anti-nausea drugs did their magic so he kept what little food he consumed where it belonged.

I'm acutely disappointed though. He apparently craved mac & cheese at one point, and I would cheerfully have followed the directions on that blue and yellow box and delivered, but I was not apprised. :: scowls at Judith ::

So I never made it over there today because he had visitors and/or nausea all day. Tomorrow's a weekday, though, so I figure Mom & I will get the green light to visit (unless he's really feeling green, that is). So, should I take M&C? or those cinnamon pecans? or will he just want someone to beat in the game of (oh please, oh please, mexican train, oh please) Spades?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, today is definately a different day. He has a lot of energy and is waiting for approval to go to a party on Tuesday as soon as he is discharged. Of course Mom is saying "NO!" We are waiting for what Dr. Gold will say and I am hoping it will be one of his disapproving answers this time. :-)

Well, Beth, he couldn't decide on which he wanted so, could you bring both the cinnamin pecans and the mac and cheese? He will say please and thank you.
We feel really blessed that he is much better today. As a matter of fact we are out in the middle visitor area and Chase is playing his guitar while our room is being cleaned, yes cleaned! Mom, that one was for you. ; )

Thanks for the continued prayers everyone, our Christmas present came early with the news of the tumor shrinking. We are thrilled that Chase is doing so well. The Chemo does take its toll now that his body is a bit down from all the other chemo. We are hopeful, prayerful and thankful for all our wonderful family and friends out there!
Judith and Chase