How did you find out about Chase's Blog?

Monday, January 22, 2007

I really did plan to blog last night, but I started a game of Bejeweled 2 and next thing I knew I was at level 21 with 303,025 points, 4 spinning balls...and it was 3AM. Oops. But that's another time waster for Judith when Chase is napping in the coming weeks. I know it's quite an adjustment for her to go from busy mom and teacher with basically 2 full time jobs, to sitting in a strange city without her usual mile long "to do" list, her friends, her husband and other son, or her dog! Thankfully she's pretty good at exploring (and getting lost...er, misplaced) in Houston, and she has my phone number to be her own personal mapquest when that happens ;-).

And she has Angel Debbie who has lent them not only the car to misplace themselves in, but offered tickets to a (checking my notes) Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets game:



Too bad Houston lost in overtime, but Judith said it was a very exciting game and they had great seats. Debbie also got them 4 tickets to see the Globetrotters in early February, so there's some scrambling to see who can fly down from NC to hang out that weekend!

They bumped up Chase's first treatment to this Thursday, the 25th (instead of the following Monday) which should allow him to bang the "I'm finished" gong on 2/22, if all goes according to plan. He wants to leave that night for Chapel Hill, but someone has to pack up and haul all their stuff home. Hey Mom, wanna go to Houston in late February?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I'd love to go to Houston and help pack up as long as I'm one of the winning "scramblers" who will be able to enjoy watching the GlobeTrotters while sitting in one of those box seats high up above the crowd. Do they serve "ribs" up there??
Can't wait!!
Mom

chasenews said...

I think 5 out of the 4 seats have already been claimed...plus, do you really want to sleep on an air mattress for the 2 weeks between the Globetrotters and the Gong?

At least she has ice cream!